Returning to school
We look forward to welcoming your child back after this period of lockdown. As you will be aware, to keep everyone safe, there have been changes. To prepare your child for a successful return, please go through the information on this page with them.
Welcome back to school! We're really looking forward to seeing you again and we're busy getting ready for your return. We've made some changes while you've been away and we want to share these with you.
The school gates on Whitbread Road will be open from 8:40am-9:00am each day.
When you arrive outside school, you will wait with your adult by one of these signs.
After that you will go into your new classroom.
The only things you are allowed to bring into school with you, in your school bag, and you MUST have every day are:
- A filled water bottle
- A pocket sized packet of tissues
- A packed lunch (if you do not have school dinners)
- Any essential medications you need in school (to be given to your class teacher)
- Your school bag
- A fruit or vegetable snack for morning play (if you are in KS2)
- Your coat (if needed).
If you use a tissue, don't forget to throw it into the bin - don't use it again.
To help keep us all safe, we'll be washing our hands a lot! Make sure you practise at home too.
At the end of the day, classes will leave at different times so that you can all stay safe.
Reception - 3:20pm
Year 1,2,3&4 - 3:30pm
Year 5&6 - 3:15pm
If any of your family is in Reception or Year 1, your adult will collect all of you from the Howson Road gate. Everyone else will be collected from the Whitbread Road gates.
We can't wait to have you back. See you on Thursday 3rd September!
Further information for parents and carers
For health and safety reasons, your child will need to:
- Arrive and leave promptly so that classes are staggered and parents can socially distance.
- Wear your full summer school uniform. On days when you have PE, wear your school PE kit instead.
- Only wear footwear that they can put on themselves. Due to social distancing we cannot help your child tie shoe laces.
- Understand that they need to follow the new rules that they are given. This includes instructions related to social distancing, hygiene, bodily fluids and not mixing with other groups. If they cannot follow these rules, the Behaviour Policy will apply (please click here for details) in order to keep your child and all the other children safe at this time.
Please share the stories below with your child to help prepare them for the changes. please be positive about the changes and don't share any fears with them. We want to keep them safe but we also want them to look forward to and enjoy their experiences here in school, despite it being different from usual.
While We Can't Hug by Eoin McLaughlin
Everybody Worries by Jon Burgerman