PE & Sport Premium Grant 2019-2020
At St Mary Magdalen’s Catholic Primary School we believe that physical education is vital and unique in its contribution to a pupil’s physical and emotional development. During this academic year, the Government will be providing additional funding to improve PE and Sport in all primary schools.
The purpose of the PE and Sport grant is to further enhance the provision of PE to enable all children to lead active and healthy lifestyles, which they will continue into adulthood. The funding is ring-fenced and will only be used for this purpose.
We use the premium to secure improvements in the following indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport.
How the funding is allocated
For 2018-19, schools with 17 or more pupils aged 5-11 years (Jan 2018 census) received £16,000, plus £10 per eligible pupil.
The PE and Sport Grant 2019/20: £17, 595.